We began with a miracle in 1927, Pastor Beauford Miller prayed for Pete and Eva Fairbairn’s lifeless granddaughter, Lucille to be revived. The power of God moved upon her little body, she lived, and the Gregg Street Mission was born.

In 1932 we joined the fellowship of the Assemblies of God and today we are known as Grand Rapids First Assembly of God.



Pastor Beauford Miller

1930 Plot of land is donated at 52 Bellevue SW, formerly known as Gregg St., in Wyoming.

Construction of a new building begins. Beauford Miller becomes church’s first pastor.


Pastor Alex Rudenkos

Home is purchased on the corner of Buckley and S. Division for $500.

A new church is built from the salvaged materials known as South Grand Rapids Full Gospel Tabernacle at 60 Gregg Street SW.


Pastor David Evans
(Grand Rapids Full Gospel Tabernacle)



Pastor Wayne Benson
(52 Bellevue SW)

December 22, 1974 Grand Rapids First receives its 12th Senior Pastor, M. Wayne Benson

Ground is broken for the Lighthouse Auditorium 1977 (2100 44th Street SW)

Lighthouse Auditorium constructed 1978

Worship Center Construction 1992



Pastor Scott Hagan

Under Pastor Scott Hagan’s leadership, church receives its current name, Grand Rapids First Church

Life Center Acquired 2002


Pastor Sam Rijfkogel

Northpoint Bible College Established 2010

For God’s glory and in His Son’s name may our future success be even greater than our past victories.